Mysaic is dedicated to visualizing your life’s journey by making it simple to capture, organize, and share memories. Mysaic is a powerful chronological platform that combines your digital diary, life resume, and media library. Collaborate and curate your experiances with friends and family. Celebrate life’s moments in the palm of your hand.
When you use the Services—and any others we roll out—you’ll inevitably share some information with us. We want to be up front about the information we collect, how we use it, with whom we share it, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
There are three basic ways we collect information:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get automatically when you use our Services.
- Information we get from third parties.
After a little more detail on each of these categories, we’ll explain how we use and share information, how we respond to legal requests, controlling and deleting your account and Content, our retention of information, and analytics and advertising services.INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO GIVE US
When you interact with our Services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our Services require you to set up a basic Mysaic account, so we need to collect a few important details about you: your first and last name, an e-mail address, a password, and your date of birth. You can also include a profile picture and your home location, but providing this information is optional. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our Services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful identifying information. And, of course, when you contact Mysaic Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Mysaic also collects information through voluntary input of data as a way to populate and build your user history. Data is collected through a registration questionnaire, Mysaic “Create a Record” input page, and also by importing from other social media sites and apps through an API. Information you choose to provide may include a history of birthdays, concerts, education, employment, pets, residences, trips, vehicles, and more.
When you use our Services, we collect information about which of those Services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you went to a certain page, saw a specific ad for a certain period of time, or tagged yourself as having visited a few new locations. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our Services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our Services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the Services, such as which filters you apply to your profile;
- in addition to filters, other usage and activity information collected includes the number of records shared, the number of categories created, the number of media uploaded, the number of comments made, the Linea’s visited, the number of searches and search terms, and more; or
- how you communicate with other Mysaic users, such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a comment or message, the number of comments or messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange comments or messages with the most, and your interactions with comments or messages (such as when you open a comment or message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information. We collect the Content you provide and information about that Content, such as if the recipient has viewed the Content, replayed the Content, and the metadata that is provided with the Content.
- Device Information.
- We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- We also collect device information that will help us diagnose and troubleshoot problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services.
- Device Phonebook. Because Mysaic is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our Services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll never access the camera or photos unless you give us your consent to do so.
- Location Information. When you use our Services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information. We collect log file information when you use our Services. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our Services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- pages you visited before navigating to our Services; and
- cookies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with user Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when, and by whom a piece of user Content was collected and how that Content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their user Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords in your posts), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments, or other data. This makes your user Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our Services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other third-party sources and combine that with the information we collect through our Services.HOW WE USE INFORMATION
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of Services that we work constantly to improve. But we do a lot more with that information as well, such as:
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services;
- develop, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect the Services;
- communicate with you;
- monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- personalize the Services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information or providing advertisements, Content, or features that match user profiles, interests, or previous activities;
- enhance the safety and security of our Services;
- diagnose and fix technology problems;
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the Services and your experience with them.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view Content faster. Although we welcome people from all over the world to use the Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our Services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other Mysaic users. We may share the following information about you with other Mysaic users:
- public information, such as your name, date of birth, and profile pictures;
- information about how you have interacted with the Services, such as the names of Mysaic users you are friends with and other information that will help Mysaic users understand your connections with others using the Services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Mysaic friends in common;
- any additional information you have consented to be shared. For example, when you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook; and
- content you post or send will be shared with other Mysaic users and potentially the public at large; how widely your Content is shared depends on the privacy level you set for each individual record. For example, records set to private cannot be viewed by other Mysaic users, whereas records that are not set to private can be shared, for example, via e-mail, SMS, or Facebook posting as a URL, at which point the Content may be viewed by the public.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the Mysaic family of companies.
- With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our Services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Mysaic gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, or acquisition of some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
- In the aggregate. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
HOW WE RESPOND TO LEGAL REQUESTS OR PREVENT HARM
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order, or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to:
- detect, prevent and address fraud or other security concerns;
- comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential violations of our Terms of Service;
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
- prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our Terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
ACCOUNT DELETION AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide the Services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and Services.
It is your right to completely delete any data we have collected on you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of your data.
CHOICE AND CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to be in control of your information, so we let you update or correct most of your basic Mysaic account information by editing your account settings within the app. Occasionally we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you update your information. And if you later change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook, camera, photos, or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality. And while we hope you’ll remain a lifelong Mysaic user, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you certainly may.
CHILDREN We don’t direct our Services to anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.
We may change this Policy from time to time. But when we do, we’ll let you know one way or another. Sometimes, we’ll let you know by revising the date at the top of the Policy that’s available on our website and mobile application. Other times, we may provide you with additional notice (such as providing you with an in-app notification).